Here is the lineup of multi-channel receivers from Onkyo for model year 2016.
Onkyo TX-SR308 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
People exploring the lower budget end of the home entertainment systems are looking for affordable ways to maximize performance and features without breaking the bank.
Engineers at Onkyo have realized that and put this knowledge into the newest entry level audio/video (A/V) receiver, the Onkyo TX-SR308.
TX-SR308 receiver is not only ready for the new 3D video future (with its latest HDMI 1.4 specifications). In addition to that TX-SR308 can handle Dolby and DTS high-definition loss-less audio codecs, for example Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
Onkyo engineers in this unit have combined the advanced A/V processing and lots of convenient features, such as:
- audio inputs on front panel for direct connection of iPods and other MP3 players,
- new overlaid On-Screen Display allows easy adjustment of settings
- Universal Port for connecting the peripherals.
With the TX-SR308, you get a home theater receiver ready to work with the latest high-definition entertainment sources, today and in future.
Onkyo TXSR308 Specifications
- Output (2 channels driven) – 65 Watts per channel @ 8 Ohms, frequency range 20 Hz – 20 000 Hz, 0.7%
- 1080p video and audio processing via HDMI connections
- HDMI conntection – 3 inputs and 1 output
- HDMI Version 1.4 supports – Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, 3D Video Formats, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color , x.v.Color, LipSync,
- Thru Universal Port can be connected optional Onkyo Dock for iPod or HD Radio Tuner
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) provided thru HDMI connection
Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 Channel Home Theatre Receiver
Onkyo is on its mission to deliver state-of-art audio and video playback quality to every home, no matter what income level it is.
The 7.1-channel TX-SR508 receiver is an entry-level home theater center piece which will unleash the true power all of your favorite audio nd video entertainment sources.
Experienced Onkyo engineers designed the Onkyo SR508 with processing and connectivity features that previously was only dreamed of at this price level:
- 4 pcs of 3D-ready HDMI 1.4 inputs allows to connect 4 high-definition signal sources
- It supports studio master quality High Definition Dolby and DTS audio recordings
- New surround sound possibilities are available to you because of compatibility with Dolby®Pro Logic® IIz
- Powered Zone 2 and bi-amping offers more flexibility in connecting speakers
- You can connect even more peripherals and portable devices like MP3 players with Universal Port and front panel input
Onkyo has utilized volume and equalization technologies developed by Audyssey to ensure awesome listening comfort and a room-fitting soundstage.
Onkyo TX-SR508 Specifications
- Output specs – 80 Watts per channel at 8 Ohms (2 channels driven), range 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08%
- Supports playback of 2 separate sources in two rooms thru 2 sets of Line-outs
- Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI ports
- 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output
- 4 DSP sound processing modes for video gaming and entertainment: Role Playing Games, Sports, Rock, and Action
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) option provided via HDMI
Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2-Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver
Some will for sure call Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver an “entry-level” A/V receiver. Just let TX-SR608 show its true potential, and you will be convinced that its level is far above the entry level.
If you look at TX-SR608 A/V receiver, you will notice 6 pieces of latest standard HDMI 1.4 inputs for hooking up your high definition signal sources. The cool part is that HDMI 1.4 standard is compatible with the latest 3D video format!
In addition to HDMI inputs TX-SR608 features an analog RGB video input for connecting your PC and the unique Universal Port for connecting peripherals made by Onkyo. Signal from all video sources you can connect to your SR608 receiver can be upscaled to 1080p resolution via HDMI and Faroudja DCDi Cinema feature.
Bells and whistles in audio processing department incorporates Burr-Brown DACs, lossless Dolby and DTS codecs, and the expanded surround formats of Audyssey DSX and Dolby Pro Logic IIz. If you want to hear more jargon, I will tell you that 3 stage inverted Darlington circuitry and jitter cleaning technology work to provide precise and correct amplification.
The TX-SR608’s outstanding performance has earned THX Select2 Plus Certification for this device.
Onkyo TXSR608 Specifications
- THX Select2 Plus Certified
- Output power with 2 channels driven – 100 Watts per channel at 8 Ohms, 20 Hz – 20000 Hz frequency range, 0.08%
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema feature provides video upscaling to 1080p
- 7 HDMI connections – 1 front and 5 rear inputs, and 1 output
- Latest HDMI Version 1.4 supports 3D and Audio Return Channel with Deep Color, x.v.Color, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and LipSync.
Onkyo TX-NR5009 has earned its own review which can be found HERE.